Found a chicken - Faverolles?? Or maybe a crossbreed?

Quote:
Don't forget us! We have no life and are patiently awaiting pictures of the stray chicken
big_smile.png

Pictures we have!
smile.png
The first several were taken this morning, when J first spotted the chicken out by the loading dock; the indoor ones a short while ago... chicken just wanted to sleep, which is why s/he looks like s/he should be saying "Nevermore!". In one of the outdoor pics, the bird's body is kind of blurred but you can clearly see the feathering down the front of the legs and the extra toe.

Hopefully these won't be too large:

113958_dscn6435_medium.jpg

113958_dscn6427_medium.jpg

113958_dscn6451.jpg

113958_dsc_6426_medium.jpg

113958_dsc_6430_medium.jpg

113958_dsc_6432_medium.jpg

The Silkie feathering isn't dominant (but the 5 toes trait is). I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she's a Silkie mix. Looks similar to a Black Star also. Maybe a Silkie/Easter Egger mix. Certainly looks like a female. Lucky you and lucky her!

oh, my gosh she is cute! A little frazzled looking, but cute!! looks like a rose comb? wow...what a wierd looking mutt! Those legs are very green/yellow toned too...how on earth does a chicken end up in a place like that
hmm.png
Please keep us updated...I can't even hazard a guess...but I would love to see how she does as she gets stronger, and in better condition. Her tail is very upright...not very silkie or cochin like...My faverolle holds her tail lower than that...and her muffs are much more extreme as well, though that could be because of the condition of your girl's feathers....my favie's legs are white too...no hint of yellow or slate or black like your girl.

P1000182.jpg

I don't really wanna say EE cause there are lotsa breeds with muffs, but they DO tend to hold their tails proud and high...maybe some faverolle way back when...but some other breed would give her a "harder" tail...I was thinking wyandotte cause she looks like she may have a rose comb, and some yellow to her legs...but their tails look soft, short, and round too...Her's almost looks game-is...looks like she may have some lacing on her chest too...seabrights are bantam, come in rose comb, and have proud tails like that...I dunno, Im stumped!

Last edited:
Just for refference, here is my LF EE...she has black legs, and a proud tail cariage...and EEs can have very strange colored legs, and come in any feather coloring you could want...I almost want to say EE x Faverolle? (I hate calling anything an EE...every mutt ever on BYC gets called that at some point) But I would expect her muffs to be much more pronounced if that were the case?
hu.gif

P1000179.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom