Found a chicken - I think I want to keep it!

Quote:
YES! But first a coop. I already know where I want it. I just need to clean the area up a bit, fence it off, build a coop and then I will get some chickens.

I'm so glad you're going to get chickens! You did such an amazing job with her. The Before and After pix tell the story. Thanks for the update and the pix -

Quote:
YES! But first a coop. I already know where I want it. I just need to clean the area up a bit, fence it off, build a coop and then I will get some chickens.

I'm so glad you're going to get chickens! You did such an amazing job with her. The Before and After pix tell the story. Thanks for the update and the pix -

Thank you! I couldn't have done it without all the help here.

By the way, I see you are in San Diego.. I'm in North SD County
smile.png

Quote:
Those were my thoughts too, that being in a cage for too long has weakened her legs and the body type says broiler to me.....
I once did physical therapy with a broiler who could not walk, helped him stand and made him balance with the strength in his legs and made him do it for longer and longer. He walked again!
Sadly he was not mine and was sent with the rest to the butchering site.

Quote:
He told me he was going to keep her as a pet. He was very loving towards her. He held her close to his body and was petting her. I think he liked her because she was so gentle.

I am choosing to believe him when he says he'll keep her as a pet.

You decided you did not wish to keep her as a pet? You did a good job with her!

Quote:

Thank you! I couldn't have done it without all the help here.

By the way, I see you are in San Diego.. I'm in North SD County
smile.png

Cool! Get ready for the rain - it's headed our way
hide.gif

Quote:

Good for you
thumbsup.gif
do you know what breed your getting?

Great story! Thanks for the update. Especially the before and after pics. I'm so glad to see that you are sticking around and getting your own flock now!
woot.gif
(I wanted to add that I have a pullet that had to be segregated from the rest of the flock for health problems since mid-summer, and she has been sleeping at night in the exact same dog crate covered by an old blanket and tarp, and let out into a "mini run" during the day. Sometimes you just gotta use what you have... and no predator problem here, either.)

Back
Top Bottom