1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Found a dumped duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by justind1, Aug 12, 2016.

1. justind1

justind1 New Egg

Jul 10, 2016
    Okay so I may have done something illegal. But I found this duck at my local park this morning he was trying to follow every person that walked past him. He wasn't afraid of dogs and there wasn't anyour other ducks around so I figured that someone dumped him. Plus all the people were getting angry because this duck was "chasing them". I picked him up and brought him home with me before someone or something killed him. Now I've had chickens my whole life but I don't really know how to raise ducks. I planed on getting some next spring. Also he is inseparable from me he goes where is go that's kind of why I think he was dumped he's a little to friendly to be wild.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
  3. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    Aww, good for you for taking this guy in! I agree it looks like a Rouen, which is a domestic breed. I think you are right that he/she was dumped at the park judging by the behavior. I think the best thing to do right now is get that guy another duck friend (or two) about the same age. Ducks don't do well alone and need a buddy that can be with them all the time. Good luck with your new buddy! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by