Found a goat with her head stuck in a fence today....

I would have wanted you to cut my fence and free her without a doubt..., thanks for helping her!..
smile.png

I am so relieved that so many have said they would have done it or would have wanted someone to cut the fence!!!! I was a wreck when i got home.

You did a good thing. Cut, my fence, free my goat, and please make sure that they can't get out thru the cut wire. Leave your phone number so I can thank you.

You did exactly what needed done. I had a Sanan (sp) weather with large scurs that would do that same thing over and over again. My mini pony, who was a stallion at the time, would, well, take advantage of the situation and try to do naughty to the poor goat. This is one of the reasons I like them to be dehorned.

I came home and found some strange guys on my property. They had seen my horse stuck in my fence and had cut him free and were just finishing fixing the fence that they had cut. I would have been happy to fix the fence myself since they saved my horse. I was so relieved and thankful that they had come along and been kind enough to help my horse (by the way; this was a 2000 lb. Belgian gelding... lots of people would have been too afraid to even go near him).

I think you did exactly the right thing and the best thing. It's neighbors and friends like you that we all wish we had near us.

Kudos to you!

You did the right thing. It's easy to patch a fence like that. They don't always get free from the fence. One cut wire is alot better than a dead or wounded goat.

You did the right thing! If you couldn't get her pushed back through w/out cutting the fence, she probably wouldn't have been able to get free. I've had some get stuck, I've found them laying in there own poop and pee, if they could have gotten out they would have, I have never had to cut the fence. Lucky for mine they are not likely to have trouble w/ any dogs but my own who won't hurt them. But I have heard of some killed by dogs, even know of one that was killed by a horse and some whose ears were bit off by pigs. Most of mine are hornless, so I don't have to much trouble.

I hope none of that guy's goats end up getting stuck, I have a feeling they won't make it out alive.

Back
Top Bottom