Found a new huge egg What do they need to "mate"

jellobutt

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 19, 2013
Idaho

So I have been checking the nest she built and finally there was this huge egg in it. The middle is from the BBW hen and the blue from my little chicken. My question is what does she and her partner need in order to do the deed. I want more geese but like all of the birds we have I want them to raise their own babies. I think the world of all my birds but I just don't want them in the house. I dont know what breed she is she has a pink beak and is white with patchy grey spots on her she was suppose to be a toulouse but one of the chinese we got was a roman tufted. Her husband is an embden i think he is all white with funny feathers on his neck they look ruffeled. She is very calm mellow and nice he has gotten very aggressive the last few days, now I know why.
We have not eaten the goose egg yet so I do not know if it is fertilized. We plan to eat some and hatch some to eat the offspring.

They get flock raiser and alfalfa/grass hay. I will begin refilling the pool as soon as I get outside. When there is grass growing they graze in the yard, sure beats mowing it. Any idea as to what her breed is? I have never seen a goose with pink on its beak.

They get flock raiser and alfalfa/grass hay. I will begin refilling the pool as soon as I get outside. When there is grass growing they graze in the yard, sure beats mowing it. Any idea as to what her breed is? I have never seen a goose with pink on its beak.
Wheres the pic? and
welcome-byc.gif

Sorry they are sideways but here they both are. This our first time with geese. And the only time I have been near geese before this it was wild Canadian geese. They are so much fun and are excellent guard animals, they tell the dogs whats going on.

Back
Top Bottom