found a snake!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Qi Chicken, May 7, 2011.

1. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    We were working in the garden today and I looked over at the chickens and they were all standing around in a circle staring at something. Hmmm...probably not good! Went over and they were all staring at a pretty big snake. Don't know what kind, it was mostly black with a red stripe. I felt bad for it as they were all looking at it like it was some giant worm. DH took a stick and it slithered into the grass. Hope it made it!

2. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    I can picture a bunch of chickens investigating a snake. [​IMG]

3. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    Mine like hunting slow worms. It sure looks strange to see a chicken with half a slow worm sticking out of her beak being chased by the rest of the flock in case she drops it.

4. andythescot

andythescot Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    Central Mass
    Once mine found a garter snake... they sure have that poor snake a rough time!
    They all crammed around it and took turns pecking him, but that snake wasn't going to give up with out a fight! He was poised to strike, and slithered away as soon as the girls were distracted.

5. If the Goose Fits

If the Goose Fits Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Oh my birds would LOVE to find a snake! They sure do enjoy eating baby mice. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by