Found an egg on my dock

I have no idea how to incubate eggs! Trying my best though! I will take any advice anyone has!
Ok! 😁
1. Never wash a furtle egg that you are planning to incubate.
2. Give the egg at least four days before trashing it if no veins are spotted.
3. Wash your hand (and dry them) before handling eggs, after some time, eggs become quite porous, this allows bacteria to enter easier.
4. Baby chicks breath through their eggshells.
5. Be extra careful with eggs on there first week because the blood cells are extremely fragile.
6. Watch out for blood rings! (type and find the images online) This means that the baby has decaying cells that float to the bottom of the yolk, if not removed, the egg can explode, thus infecting other eggs. (though you incubating only one)
7. (connected to 6.) Be careful with eggs that have blood rings, if it is not that bad, give the chick a chance! There have been a few chicks that recovered from blood rings.
8. Do not over candle an egg, this can lead to the chick being excessively shaken.
9. Have you been rotating the egg? If not, do it. Rotate the egg at least three times a day, every 8 hours or so or else the embryo will stick and deform.
10. Eggs can last awhile being a bit cold or too hot but still avoid it, it can kill them, cause early hatch, or deform them.
11. When it is two more days till hatch day, stop rotating the egg, the chick will shift and move its body towards the big part of the eggshell, preparing for its first pip.
12. Observe the air pocket, if it detaches, the chick will not make it, if it expands, then it is a good egg, don't worry about this till like 13 days of incubation.
13. Do make the egg too moist, this can give it mushy chick disease. (they need to change the name, when I heard the name when I was little I said, "Aww, so cute!" I also didn't know about diseases, but still.)

And these are a few things about egg care! Have fun with this extra stress! 😁 If you want me to, I can also talk about problems with the chick hatching.

Hi all.

It has been 2 more days and the egg definitely looks different but I don't think in a good way. 😭
Anyone know what's going on? It looks there is a dark circle within the large dark spot. It still moves around when I move the egg as well. Is it time to give up on my egret egg?

Attachments

• IMG_1065.jpeg
    IMG_1065.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1067.jpeg
    IMG_1067.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 34
Hi all.

It has been 2 more days and the egg definitely looks different but I don't think in a good way. 😭
Anyone know what's going on? It looks there is a dark circle within the large dark spot. It still moves around when I move the egg as well. Is it time to give up on my egret egg?
Halt! Give that egg a chance! I do not know what egret egg devolopment is like, but wait. Let me tell ya of the secret chick number, it is called rule number 10. People usaly wait 10 days before absolutetely trashing an egg. Stay calm, people tend to be gidy when they are incubating their first egg(s).

Hi all.

Halt! Give that egg a chance! I do not know what egret egg devolopment is like, but wait. Let me tell ya of the secret chick number, it is called rule number 10. People usaly wait 10 days before absolutetely trashing an egg. Stay calm, people tend to be gidy when they are incubating their first egg(s).

Back
Top Bottom