Found An Egg This Morning....Outside!

Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Songster
8 Years
May 19, 2011
North Texas
I posted a couple days ago how Mr. Owl started his mating, this is now every morning after they are let out of the coop.
Two of my Barred Rocks are mature enough to lay, was just playing the waiting game, since they are only 18 weeks old.
Hubby let the girls & Owl out this morning, and he informed me Owl was "Getting Some"
love.gif
as he was heading back to the house.
After dropping my daughters off at school, I went & took the chickens some creamed corn. As I am pouring it out into pie pans, I look over near the watering container & see this!

92455_first_egg_sept_1_2011_043.jpg

To say I was shocked, is an understatement. I scooped it out of the dirt, and it is a perfect little egg. I nearly danced back to the house, I was so excited.
celebrate.gif

Here are a few other shots to compare it to other items I had.

92455_first_egg_sept_1_2011_047.jpg

92455_first_egg_sept_1_2011_048.jpg

So at 18 weeks one of my Barred Rocks are laying. Now just to get her to lay in the nesting box with the golf balls in them.
fl.gif

Let the egg wait begin!
pop.gif

Yyyyaaaaayyyy I am so happy for you! A good sized first egg from the looks of it, too!

I waited at the school bus stop with my first egg, showed it to my boys as they got home. If you are into such things, you can blow it out and keep the shell-something simple that i wish i had done, because they are not that small anymore.

Congratulations!!!

One of mine was about the same age as your's when she layed her first egg then about 2 weeks later another one started laying then another. I still have 3 more that are 5 months and haven't started laying yet. I guess they will when their ready.
yippiechickie.gif
Go girls Go!!

Back
Top Bottom