Found bantam ameraucanas only to be bummed!

happybooker1

Songster
11 Years
Oct 4, 2012
Huntsville Texas
I found a lady that has some Bantam Ameraucana pullets close to me for only $20. So I told her I'd like to come pick up one to join my small flock. She only sells in pairs and I don't need TWO! (I really don't need ONE but thought the colored eggs would be neat). I'm SO disappointed.

Get the pair and sell the extra. You never know, someone may have gone to the same place and had the same problem, and they're just waiting for someone else to offer up a lone chicken.
Also, do you mean she'll only sell 2 hens, or a pair as in a hen and a roo (< which is a pretty standard way for breeders to rid themselves of excess boys, I do it too when I've hatched alot of chicks and need to get rid of some guys).

I have never, ever had to give away a hen. In fact, if they truely are Ameraucanas and not just Easter Eggers you might be able to tack $5 onto the original $20 and make a little profit. If its worrying you that much though, just pass on them. Did she say why she'd only sell in pairs? I can understand selling a breeding pair or trio, but not the way she's doing. Try explaining your situation and letting her know you'll give the hen a very good home, maybe you can convince her to let you take just one....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom