found bones and peices of my precious Majic

the1honeycomb

Songster
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Yadkinville NC-3yrs
I came home from work and found pieces of my black chicken Magic. her carcass was half pulled through the fence and most of the meat was gone from her bone one leg torn off and several areas of large skin and feathers A truly terrible sight . What could have done this. My chickens free range during the day and coop at nite, I bought a trap and hope to catch the murderer but it would help if I knew what it might be.
Any Ideas?

Fox, coyote, dog, any number of things really. Sorry about your loss.
hugs.gif

I am SOOOO sorry for your loss. Be glad it was just one. I lost 24 chickens and 9 ducks on Tuesday. Even losing one is hard, too hard and I wish both of us had caught &^^%*) that did it.

I'm really sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was a horrible site. Pulling your bird through the wire like that is the MO of a coon. I hope you catch his sorry a@$!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your condolences, I have a coon trap and a shot gun, If I can't trap it and release it 50 miles from here then I will take stronger measures. I think my chickens miss her too they are acting very weird!

Back
Top Bottom