Found egg use?

skirbo

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Walton County, NW FL
OKay, so I'm putting the girls up today from their afternoon in the run. And I find three eggs in a nest that I could *swear* weren't there yesterday, but then again I'm not entirely sure, either. I've only got six girls and at least two of them have laid eggs in the nest the broody one is on over the last three days.

If they were, in theory, laid the first time I put them out in the run, they'd still be no more than three weeks old.

What do you think, safe to eat? Or toss?

Sarah

I should mention that I have no sense of smell... lost it in an accident. And I live alone.

Maybe I should just scramble them for the dogs to be safe. I'm just not getting that many yet and with two of them laying on the broody pile these were the first I've gotten in two days. Thpt.

Sarah

put them in water if they float they are not good, if they sit on the bottom their still good.

I learned of an egg use too...besides eating them ..watching TV Dr Phil wife Robin she use she said takes an egg cracks it and separates the yoke and white into two different dishes and she takes a beauty brush and paints the yoke all over her face and under eyes and leave on 10 minutes and wash off and does the same with the white leave and wash off I tried it and boy what a good tighting mask..she said protein in egg.. hubby called me and asked me what doing I told him got egg on my face...LOL
lol.png

If I don't know how old an egg is I feed it to the pets. Even if I know how old an egg is if it's been sat on an unknown number of days or too warm of temps for more than a day I feed it to the pets. Eggs are not rare and it's healthy for the dogs and cats.

Someone once said to put a pencil mark on the eggs that are being incubated by a hen, that way you will know which are fresh layed.

Back
Top Bottom