Found eggs on Christmas Day!!

nolitaflat

Chirping
May 10, 2020
Such an exciting day!! Went to check my girls’ coop to make sure it was still well insulated for the very cold night we’re getting and found 6 eggs in the back corner!! I’ve of course been checking their food and water in there, but I’ve been spending more time with them out in the pen or free ranging these days.

they’re all a blue/green tint so I definitely think it was my Easter Egger. My gold laced wyandotte hasn’t laid yet but I know the bigger breeds can take longer.. did a flashlight test and sink or float test with the eggs since I do have a bantam Cochin rooster, all passed and ready for tomorrow’s breakfast!

An amazing Christmas gift! Will be building nesting boxes next weekend! For now I’ll have to resort climbing into their giant coop and digging them out LOL
8D1C6992-01A3-4CF2-A9D4-C5FFB1D811A3.jpeg

A bit curious in why you did those tests

so because I didn’t grab them right away I was worried they might have a baby growing in them or not. But she hasn’t laid on them and didn’t have any issue when I went to grab them. I just had to double check cause I was paranoid about opening an egg and finding a baby chick forming!

so because I didn’t grab them right away I was worried they might have a baby growing in them or not. But she hasn’t laid on them and didn’t have any issue when I went to grab them. I just had to double check cause I was paranoid about opening an egg and finding a baby chick forming!
The float test doesn't do didily squat, but the handling one makes sense then

Back
Top Bottom