Found LED light at tsc great for candling, I can c through brown eggs!

sad.png
I went to TSC yesterday. You must have beat me to them. They were sold out.

The Tractor Supply around here has these LED flashlights down to $2.99. I have a Surefire, but it was expensive and takes $20 worth of camera batteries. These LED's work off of three AAA batteries and work great.

Quote:
Thanks! I think there is one a couple of hours away, I have never been to it, but I do own a tractor now. DH gave me a Yanmar for our last anniversary
love.gif

Quote:
Thanks! I think there is one a couple of hours away, I have never been to it, but I do own a tractor now. DH gave me a Yanmar for our last anniversary
love.gif

You might want to check out walmart, ours carries them. I also got a higher powered one, that was around $20 and is much much better for candling, looks very similar but is thinner and grey brand is a Coleman Max.

I got a 3 pack of *14* LED flashlights with batteries at Costco. I can count the veins in my green eggs and see very well into the darkest BCMs. These flashlights have 2 settings, bright & blind.

I made collars for the tops out of a strip of aluminum sandwiched in packing tape. Take the packing tape, lay it down sticky side up, then the aluminum, then another layer of tape. Wrap the light with it, shiny side in, and tape it so it fits snugly. You'll need to make sure that the foil goes to the edge so that no light escapes the top or bottom.

This collar is flexible and fits the egg no matter how you turn it, and it directs all of the light through the egg, not your hand, so you get a better beam.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom