Found My CHICKS!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sonjab314, May 17, 2010.

1. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I've been searching high and low for Gold Laced Polish chicks. The best deal I could find were eggs to hatch or a 100-200 mile drive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not above driving for something that I really really really want BUT I was not looking forward to the drive. I did find some 10 month old hens a little closer to home but they are sooo much older than my chick babies and I want the chicks to grow up being used to my human family lol. So anyway, I made my way to my local hatchery this morning just to gander (pun intended) around and see what they had. I was blown away when I asked about my golden laced polish. The usual answer is "No...we don't have those today." Last time they acted like they would not be getting anymore this year.......set out my long distance search for them. Well when I asked today, she said "Yes.....we have a few." I almost jumped up and down like a little kid on Christmas morning (but I contained my urges, after all I am an adult ((supposedly)). I whipped my checkbook out so fast it created gale forced winds.

So now I'm at home looking at my new babies and being drugged into the awe of baby chicks....again. Why do they have to be sooo cute??? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Awesome!!! I love that kind of luck. [​IMG]

3. Chickycat

Chickycat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Bristow, Indiana
    That's great. Enjoy your new babies.[​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG]!!!! So glad you found some! Guess it was meant to be, huh? I know, why do chicks have to be so cute? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by