Found my turkey!

Lanicus

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
Oklahoma
A couple weeks ago I couldn't find my turkey hen and I thought that something got her or she just ran away, well yesterday my neighbor came over and told me there was a turkey in her bushes! Turns out she was sitting on a nest!
tongue.png
Anyway im super relieved and im hoping for some new poults!
fl.gif

how many eggs was she sitting on ,I'm just wondering tryng to get an idea about a number,when they decide to sit,

A couple weeks ago I couldn't find my turkey hen and I thought that something got her or she just ran away, well yesterday my neighbor came over and told me there was a turkey in her bushes! Turns out she was sitting on a nest!
tongue.png
Anyway im super relieved and im hoping for some new poults!
fl.gif
LOL @ your neighbor telling you that there was a turkey in her bushes. :lau I don't mean to laugh but that brings back memories. So glad that you found her. Congrats on future babies. :clap

how many eggs was she sitting on ,I'm just wondering tryng to get an idea about a number,when they decide to sit,
Well I couldnt get under her to see, but I imagine its around 10-15 eggs. I had a turkey sit on a nest of 15 eggs once, all but 5 hatched so i think 10 eggs would be a good number

Also I saw a crushed egg outside of the nest, I wonder if she crushed it and got it out or somthing else happened??

I think it's a pretty good spot, way back into a thorny bush we don't have a whole lot of predators, mainly peoples dogs that get loose (which I scare away pretty effectively) and she was never very tame, very shy and when I poke my head in to check her she puffs up and hisses, especially if my dog is near (he would never hurt her)

It's possible, but I think the big toms always strutting out in front would distract the dogs and I check her regularly throughout the day. I'm think I might put some kind of fence up and supply food and water for her (we have a pond not to far away that im sure she waters there)

It's possible, but I think the big toms always strutting out in front would distract the dogs and I check her regularly throughout the day. I'm think I might put some kind of fence up and supply food and water for her (we have a pond not to far away that im sure she waters there)

I think that is a GREAT idea!

Back
Top Bottom