Found newly hatched ducking outside and on its head!!!!!

Update. Hes still alive!!!! I have kept him inside separate from every one else because all the other ducklings are running around the pen eating and drinking and he... isnt... his instincts are showing i.e. grooming himself pecking the ground but he walks in circles alot, flails his head about.his head will go all the way back to his back! I have given him B vit, water, mush and love! This morning he was pretty much dead and he has come sooo far. I just hope he doesnt have permanent damage. Hes getting some rest.... :)View attachment 1935031
So precious!!

He made it thru the night!!!!! He is eating crumbles now and drinking on his own! Everytime he swallows he flings his head back so far he loses balance. It's like its neck muscles are under developed. He is a little "special" but that makes him very special and super sweet. Any suggestions to help with his swallowing/neck.
20191015_084714.jpg
20191015_083030.jpg
20191015_083026.jpg
20191015_083034.jpg

He made it thru the night!!!!! He is eating crumbles now and drinking on his own! Everytime he swallows he flings his head back so far he loses balance. It's like its neck muscles are under developed. He is a little "special" but that makes him very special and super sweet. Any suggestions to help with his swallowing/neck.View attachment 1935355 View attachment 1935357 View attachment 1935358 View attachment 1935359
Possibly the Momma knew something was wrong with it so she tried killing him. I had a Duckling my momma killed because it wasn't normal.

Back
Top Bottom