found some horse connections

picklespickles

Songster
12 Years
Oct 27, 2007
when i first came to this little rural ghetto, there was a guy who always rode along the last road by the range with oxygen. i saw him today hanging out with his horses at the corner store as people will do on a sunday.

i talked to him about getting stuff in our neighborhood instead of having to go down the hill into teh village. he let me know some good stuff. i can also get some stuff from him pretty cheap, it seems.

plus, i talked to the lady who has been taking care of the horse. she said it's fine if i want to wait a bit to take delivery if i want to get the horse since i've been so busy with the goats, plus a tragedy taht had happened in my family.

so, it seems like things are shaping up. if i want a horse, hey, i've got one. if i don't, then at least i met a guy who can let me into the local horse thing.

he knows reasonably priced farriers and so forth. plus let me know about another farrier who is known for just showing up when needed and taking care of things himself. so, cool for that. sounds like my kind of guy. maybe you tuck the money under the horse's tail for when he shows up.
wink.png

That is great. I am a horse person and have 3. I can't imagine living without a horse. We just got a new one about a month ago. He is young and full of himself.

If you decide to purchase or get one there are tons of unwanted equines out there needing help.

Feel free to email me if I can help or assist in any questions you may have.

[email protected]

smile.png

i just saw him and walked up and said, hey, haven't i seen you riding such and such a place. he was friendly and i actually went inside the store to get a pen to take notes during our converstion. yeah!

i saw my horse today for the first time. i drove a couple hours to whre she lives now. she has been a racehose, then lived on a ranch, then went to a rescue who couldn't handle her well and was going to euthanize her. then a vet type person decided to step in and tried to adopt this horse out to a good home.

i met her at her stables today and was pleasantly surprised both, by her and the horse. she is a very honest person, you can tell. she told me the horse had arthritis as truth in advertising, but it seems not truly impaired with it.

i was able to spend a good hour asksing my really speicfic type so questions whic she she put up with very well.

i was able to touch the hourse over, frum under belly to bottom to leg, etc. so that felt like it ws calm and not hyper like tb's can be.

also, she will let me hav e saddle and some other necessitiess which is really very kind. i am wonderng what i should do to give her something back. i'm sure i'll think of something!

now to get my barn are enclosure up to it's highest calling. probably by this weekend, it would be spiffy. i'll hav ea friend coming then who can give me feedbak. then will be ready for horse to come visist me.

anwya. just wanted to tel you guys know. hey. i have a super sweet racehourse that is exptefted to live eight mor eyears.

i got to proactice leading her around and she did. i din't feel scared by teh size or anything like that. she remarked that iwas comfurtable and that the horses had an immediate attraction to me. so i fell good about taht. . i am falling asleep rwriting this.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. if anyone writes me a response in their dream, feel free to let me know.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi, Im glad you got to meet her, Yes you must have been really tired, they are the most typos Ive ever seen lol, your eyes must have been closed!!!or you were so excited you couldnt type fast enough!!
Anyhow, thats great about the saddle, does it fit you too?
anyhow, we'll be here when you need advice.
Now you can possibly buy her a gift voucher at her local feedstore or at a supermarket for her xmas groceries etc!!!
have fun!!! giddyup!

Thoroughbreds really AREN'T hyper! They're handled on the track every day from nose to butt, and they must be good on the ground. I've been working with OTTBs since I was 13 - they're the BEST horses IMHO.

Here's a great site (my neighbor's farm) with information on training and keeping OTTBs as well as several for sale from good trainers. Look under Elizabeth's training notes for the how to information.
www.bitsandbytesfarm.com

smile.png

i am awake now and have relearned to type. i knew i should be sleeping and not typing, but i just wanted to post sooooooooooo bad. like a kid that should go to bed but just couldn't.

so i have to work today, but i want to at least take half an hour and go look at the outbilding and do some little tiddly things on them that need doing.

it is fall and i love that the yellow leaves and moulting feathers are all on the ground side by side. somethng very magical about it.

i have been reading about how horses think, so i can look at my area better. the lady said, if you can do goats with horns, you can do horses fine. so i kind of have an idea of how they think but i am walking around and sort of thinking, well, would this be a good point of interest or a leading to trouble point of interest. that kind of thing.

my property backs up to a lot of open space for miles. it will be fun enjoying it more than just as a view now.

i decided that the duck will go in a seperate are for teh first few days til the horse gets settled in. cause i could take an accidentally stomped chicken out of excitement at a new place, but i think a squished duck would be one of those.............uhmmmmmmmmmmmm....yeah................you know how they were fixing to euthanize this horse...........uh, well, yeah. i just did it for you. yeah, no charge.

wink.png

i feel like probably the goats and geese can take care of themselves. but we'll watch and see. i can usually mix animals pretty well, sort of like an orchestra leader. just pay attention to whose dominant, how and if it's in a good way or a bad way.

anyway. thanks for being a place i can come and chat about this.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom