Found someone who will have chicks in Windham CT in April

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
I just happened to be driving to a my son's friend's house and I noticed a large egg shaped sign infront of a house that said "fresh eggs and baby chicks". No one was home so I took down the number and called this afternoon. A very nice man told me that he will most likely have Golden Sex link and Araucana chicks in mid April when it warms up here. If anyone wants the number email or pm and I'll pass it on. I don't know this man at all, I've never bought eggs from him or laid eyes on his chickens but thought I'd pass on the info.

Last edited:
Hi Kristin, Don't have any chickens yet. Will build a coop when the mud dries up, and look for chicks. Any breed info? I'm up here by Bradley airport. Is this farmer out of Franklin? Nice ride out thataway, but, do you think chicks could handle a motorcycle ride?
cool.png
In a box, of course...
Tom:D

He's in Windham Center, on Ballamahack Rd, so not too far from Franklin. I called him and he said he has Golden Sex Links and either Americaunas or Araucanas (his term, not mine). I'm not a motorcycle rider myself but maybe you could rig something up?? LOL! He probably won't start hatching for another month with this weather. Brrrr!

Quote:
Hey Kristin,

My DW and I have a dozen EE chicks coming soon. We split a large order with a friend of hers that is completely turning over her flock. Guess I need to get over to Home Depot to get some large cardboard boxes to build the chick condo in the basement.

Quote:
Hey Kristin,

My DW and I have a dozen EE chicks coming soon. We split a large order with a friend of hers that is completely turning over her flock. Guess I need to get over to Home Depot to get some large cardboard boxes to build the chick condo in the basement.

GEt busy then! LOL I've got to make two more brooders myself. I'm going to keep my MMH chicks separate from my Ideal chicks till I know all are healthy. I've got the one I used with my hatchlings but I want one more in case I find my khaki Campbell ducklings. Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom