Found these guys today - they beat me to it

Here's the sebby mum and bubs (8 of them) inside the tractor after we've just moved it. She's not very happy about the disturbance.

27939_sebby_mum.jpg

The seb family that the mum belongs to is now standing permanently on guard around the tractor. There is no chance anything is going to disturb her. Getting close enough to feed and water is a bit tricky.

27939_sebastopols_guarding_the_babies.jpg

We have a couple more broodies sitting. One on nothing, but one on five eggs. This one has only just started sitting on nothing so I don't know whether she's just playing at being broody or whether she's going to lay some. We might have to wait until next season for this one I think.
27939_seb_broody_near_dam.jpg

27939_sebastopol_sitting_on_nothing.jpg

There's one on the other side of the hay bales as well here. The light was bouncing off the water so it's hard to see. She's the one with five eggs.

27939_seb_broodies.jpg

On the boys - yes they can be a bit agro, especially in breeding season. They usually know their owners though and don't do too much damage. The worst thing you can do is run. I try to tell people that but they don't listen.
big_smile.png

27939_seb_boys.jpg

27939_a_dangerous_gander_situation.jpg

I don't know if that is you in that last picture, but if it is I am afraid for your life. It appears that the goose behind you has made up his mind to take you out.
hide.gif
I am not so sure that bending over is a super idea in this situation.

That's my other half, and those boys are not that bad, although visitors don't seem to like them. They are guarding the girl on the nest. They do bite, but don't normally remove flesh.
big_smile.png
They are just doing their job. After breeding season passes they settle down and act pretty normally again.

what beautiful pics and what a lovely place to have geese. do you also have ducks cause I could see my ducks loving it there.
smile.png
and it does look like your other half is going to be goosed.
big_smile.png

So DID your other half get goosed? That is SUCH a fun and hilarious picture! Really, really fun.

What a beautiful place you have there. I also am curious as to whether you have ducks or not. How many geese?

Those babies are to die for adorable. Are you keeping the babies? If you dont' keep them, how do you get them away from mom and when?

Thanks for sharing. Loved all the pics.

Back
Top Bottom