Four chickens missing in a day

This is hard, sorry about the missing hens. I don't have any other advice besides maybe keeping them penned up for a couple days. Most predators, once they have an easy meal will come back for more.
Yeah, it sucks. I know it’s the risk with free range. I’m planning on keeping them penned up for the next few days.

It could be coyotes, depending on where you live. All of my losses have been due to coyotes and they can definitely take a bird and run off with it. I even saw one running down the street with a chicken in its mouth. It's an unfortunate aspect of letting them roam :( I wish it wasn't so.
We have seen some and definitely heard more lately. It’s quite possible. I think we might be going on a coyote hunt soon. I know it won’t help get the whole pack, but maybe it’ll stop the few that are targeting the flock.

This is hard, sorry about the missing hens. I don't have any other advice besides maybe keeping them penned up for a couple days. Most predators, once they have an easy meal will come back for more.

Back
Top Bottom