Four cockerels, one crowing.

Mine make their own. In 20 years I have never made them one. As long as they can find a dry patch of dirt they will start rolling around in it and make their own.

You're an angel.
Thanks
1f600.png

To answer your question on dust bathing......Yes and yes. They will dust bath free, or provide them with sand and dirt.

Your Rooster issue.....If your new to chickens? Get rid of him....He will out number you.
Roosters are a great thing to a flock about 50 years ago...If not breeding chickens? No need for a Roo.
They can and usually do become aggressive towards people.
A Rooster breeds, protects and will die to save his flock.

Hope I helped?

To answer your question on dust bathing......Yes and yes. They will dust bath free, or provide them with sand and dirt.

Your Rooster issue.....If your new to chickens? Get rid of him....He will out number you.
Roosters are a great thing to a flock about 50 years ago...If not breeding chickens? No need for a Roo.
They can and usually do become aggressive towards people. 
A Rooster breeds, protects and will die to save his flock.

Hope I helped?

We do plan to breed our hens. We have 4 roosters at the moment but will be processing the majority. It will be survival of the fittest/people friendliest. :D We will begin processing within the next 2 weeks or so and have chosen who will be first. He's not being very nice to our hens and they're not even ready to breed yet. Today has been interesting to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom