Four out of Five Goose Eggs-- Hatched!-- Update!

cozycritters

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2008
Tucson, Arizona
Well, my first experiments with hatching have been very interesting. My first hatching was 5 out of seven bantam eggs-- then I hatched five out of ten chicken eggs (Black Giant crosses, they appear)-- and now, as of last night, I have four little goslings out of my five goose eggs.

Goslings are the cutest things I've ever seen (and I have two very cute toddlers!) They are fuzzy and yellow with dark smudges here and there-- three of them have pink bills and feet and one has a black bill and feet.

My three year old has been doing the honors by way of names.

Bantams (5): Racecar, Turtle, Ninja, Ninja, Ninja (LOL)
Chicks (5): Ink, Cranky, Cobra, Rainbow, Santana
Goslings (4): Dragon, Nayta (he made it up), Sherlock, Feisty

Believe it or not, I have more hatchings due-- ducks and more chickens, more geese, and turkeys!

After this, my hubby says we are DONE!
smile.png

Last edited:
I was taking some old old eggs out of the incubator and it turns out that my last and fifth goose egg is actually pipping-- 100% on goose eggs-- not bad, eh???

wow thats great congrats. i wanna see the cutest thing ever too!!! where are the pics. lol and 100 isnt too shabby... lol... that is actually awsome i can only hope for 100 percent on anything lol

What kind of geese are they? And I KNOW!! I thought ducklings were the cutest things EVER until I saw my first goslings in person at the feed store the other day and I was like OMG...MUST resist the temptation!!! They are just like duclkings, but little bigger and OHHH soo irresistable!
COngrats on the great hatch
smile.png

Kristi

My son vacuumed up my camera cord (18 months and vacuuming!) so it may take me a little while to get the pics up. They are crazy cute, and my little chicks just snuggle up against them like 'ahhh--- featherbed!' One chick actually got between two of the goslings and flipped upside down and was in heaven-- I thought it was dead until it popped up and grabbed a snack
smile.png

I think my goslings are mixes-- I can't find any pics of goslings that look anything like them. I ordered the eggs on ebay, and there were a variety of embden, toulouse, and various Chinese on the farm... The one that hatched this morning has a definite bump on the top of his beak and something that looks like the beginnings of a waddle underneath it (son named him 'Puppy').

I'm expecting ducks within the next week. Gotta love it!

Not only are the goslings cute, they are soooo friendly! And this from me who has a scar from a goose attack!

Back
Top Bottom