Four week old Easter Eggers - What gender? (Updated Pics 8 Weeks Old)

I'd say Gandalf and Chip might be boys because of the red coming in ...
Dale might be a girl (no red and the comb looks small) but you might need to wait another week or so to be sure.
I'm not sure about the others.

Gandalf: EE cockeral
Abed: California White pullet
Sprinkles: EE pullet
Chip: EE cockeral
Dale: EE pullet?
Oreo: Jersey Giant cockeral?

I'd give them a bit more time
smile.png
to say fore sure

Thank You! everyone for the help.

We have always thought Gandalf was a cockerel. We also thought Abed was but thats interesting about he/she being a california white, she is the only one without a beard so could be.

Oreo is a mystery, he does have a beard forming though, its hard to see in the pics.

We really hope Abed is a pullet because he/she is the tamest.

Last edited:
It's so hard to tell with EE's!!! Here are my guesses based on coloring, body language and combs:

Gandalf = Boy
Abed = Boy
Sprinkles = Girl
Chip = Boy
Dale = Girl
Oreo = Girl (but not an EE)

Gandalf is the only one that I'd suspect cockerel at this point, and that's primarily due to the red patch on the wings. I can't see their combs well in your pics, but boy EEs will typically have 3 ridge rows on the comb, while girls just have a single looking row. How many have three vs. one???

ETA: Beards or muffs don't mean either sex. Actually I'm always surprised to see any EEs without them, as mine have always had the poofy cheeks and beards, male or female...

Last edited:
Gandalf is the only one that I'd suspect cockerel at this point, and that's primarily due to the red patch on the wings. I can't see their combs well in your pics, but boy EEs will typically have 3 ridge rows on the comb, while girls just have a single looking row. How many have three vs. one???

ETA: Beards or muffs don't mean either sex. Actually I'm always surprised to see any EEs without them, as mine have always had the poofy cheeks and beards, male or female...
chip also has those red splotches
wink.png

Hmmmm...I'm still gonna' reserve judgement on poor Chip...lol. I guess with Chip having that reddish color in areas other than just her (or his...lol) wings, it doesn't scream cockerel at me. I WISH I could see that comb better...

And OP - what do you expect when you name so many of them MALE names!!!!???? lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom