Fourth of July Chicks--did anyone else do that?

SkyWarrior

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Wilds of Montana
Quite by accident, I'll have a bunch of new chicks for the Fourth of July. I have 5 pips, which include 2 marans mixes and 3 Barnevelders. Maybe I'll luck out and get 7 to hatch out. They're peeping up a storm, too. Anyone else discover that they "planned" for July 4th?

Yup, got one yesterday and one is hatching under mama right now, 7 more eggs due this week. Gotta help me out with names.......
big_smile.png

We have one that I think hatched yesterday, and 5 more due. Chick #1 is not doing very well and may not make it, though. Seems the Cochins that brooded the nest aren't much interested in mothering, so one of our Red Stars is trying to be mommy.

I originally had hatches due the 2nd, 3rd & 5th. But with the power having been out for over 48 hrs over the weekend, it looks as if I may have some hatching today after all. I hear peeping but no pips externally yet.

I have just hatched my first batch of quail. Had not really planned on what day the hatch would be just set them when we had enough eggs. First one was out yesterday at 5:00 pm. And this morning we had close to 35 of them, we are now at about 60 total with 16 to go. Most of them are A&M whites and 16 of them are bobwhites. WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY 4th

1 of mine has pipped, but not from the batch I was expecting it to be. It's from tomorrow's batch!!! None of the ones from the 2nd that were delayed have pipped yet. Will candle them tonight & see if they survived the power outage or not. They were all alive when I candled Sunday.

Minnie has two babies now!! One black/white and a silver/blue.
celebrate.gif

Two down 6 to go.
thumbsup.gif

Here are some pictures,

I'm thinking maybe Glory??
hu.gif
Any other ideas?

Maybe Patriot??
hu.gif
Still not so sure......

Oh by the way.........
HAPPY 4th!!!