Fowl DRAWING / PAINTING Contest ~ "Springing in the Chicks April Hatch A Long" hosts Mike & Sally

Ok it's not much to look at yet, but then again, I haven't picked up a pencil since before I cut my finger and had to have surgery on it. So here is the rough beginning.

:eek: better than my chicken drawings!

Thanks.i wasn't sure what to expect after cutting my index finger on the hand i write and draw with.
I can understand cutting a finger... I got a bad cut on Christmas day one year (my left hand though, not my dominant). It's constantly numb in the cut spot because it's almost like fake skin that grew back (that's the only way I can think of to describehow it feels). They called it a "scoop cut" *shudders* :oops: couldn't do stitches...

Mine was done butchering a deer. Went through two tendons. Had no choice but to do surgery if I wanted use of my finger again. It has been a slow and, at times, really painful recovery. I still dont have use of the very tip of my finger (meaning i can't bend that joint). The middle joint i am getting more flexability with. Sometimes, i have trouble writing. Thats why i wasn't sure if I'd be able to draw again. This is a drawing i did before i cut my finger.

That's a great drawing :love I'm especially fond of it being that it is a horse :D

Mine was done butchering a deer. Went through two tendons. Had no choice but to do surgery if I wanted use of my finger again. It has been a slow and, at times, really painful recovery. I still dont have use of the very tip of my finger (meaning i can't bend that joint). The middle joint i am getting more flexability with. Sometimes, i have trouble writing. Thats why i wasn't sure if I'd be able to draw again. This is a drawing i did before i cut my finger.

keep at it. I did this last fall.

With a table saw :)
:eek: now I feel like a wimp screaming and crying when my pinky got caught in the camcorder tripod (that's what happened one Christmas day) :lol:
I was 10...

Last edited:
Ok so this is kind-of an odd entry, but it is the only chicken type art that I have done so far. I have been too busy chasing kids and doing too much chicken math.
smile.png
My 10 year old son and I did this as a mom and son project for the county fair last year. It was a bowling pin decorating contest that we did. Our purpose was to educate about the Avian Flu. The bowling pin is of our lateTolbunt Polish hen Beaker. We wanted to use real feathers for her head, but it wasn't allowed (no parts of real chickens what-so-ever were allowed on the fair grounds due to a poultry ban), so we created our own out of paper. The paint is acrylic. The form is an old bowling pin.

Our Beaker bowling pin:

The real Beaker that modeled for us:

Note card that was placed next to pin:

Ok so this is kind-of an odd entry, but it is the only chicken type art that I have done so far. I have been too busy chasing kids and doing too much chicken math.
smile.png
My 10 year old son and I did this as a mom and son project for the county fair last year. It was a bowling pin decorating contest that we did. Our purpose was to educate about the Avian Flu. The bowling pin is of our lateTolbunt Polish hen Beaker. We wanted to use real feathers for her head, but it wasn't allowed (no parts of real chickens what-so-ever were allowed on the fair grounds due to a poultry ban), so we created our own out of paper. The paint is acrylic. The form is an old bowling pin.

Our Beaker bowling pin:

Love It!!

Back
Top Bottom