Fowl pox….

Poultry mum

Crowing
Jan 22, 2021
Australia
I have 2 very young girls and 2 Roos that have fowl pox and are showing respitory issues I’ve tried oxymav b triple c vetrx olive oil In the water ACV in the water iodine on the spots basically everything even putting garlic powder in the food and they are just not improving… besides a vet is there any other home remedy that I could try to help my darlings…. If you need photos please ask…

Do you have any pictures of their Pox? Fowl Pox is a viral disease, so antibiotics or anything similar will not help. You can only do supportive care.

That’s just one of the Roos….. the other roo is worse..as I’m pretty sure he has wet form

Attachments

• B116141D-0D03-4C09-9F44-CE089A5E6132.jpeg
    B116141D-0D03-4C09-9F44-CE089A5E6132.jpeg
    514.7 KB · Views: 19
  • B848A507-6B6B-4CC9-912C-5AD4105F610D.jpeg
    B848A507-6B6B-4CC9-912C-5AD4105F610D.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 6B5018DA-46BA-415D-88CC-AB3352FD15EE.jpeg
    6B5018DA-46BA-415D-88CC-AB3352FD15EE.jpeg
    519.2 KB · Views: 19
Yep looks like it. All you can do is make sure he’s getting a lot of fluid, can eat and breathe. Fowl Pox is very contagious, so any birds that aren’t affected should be separated so they don’t get it as well. From what I’ve read, this should go away within a week or 2. Just keep giving supportive care. I hope he makes it. I wish you good luck and I hope he gets well as soon as possible.

Yep looks like it. All you can do is make sure he’s getting a lot of fluid, can eat and breathe. Fowl Pox is very contagious, so any birds that aren’t affected should be separated so they don’t get it as well. From what I’ve read, this should go away within a week or 2. Just keep giving supportive care. I hope he makes it. I wish you good luck and I hope he gets well as soon as possible.
I’ve already lost 3 to the wet form and possibly 2 chicks… these ones are separated and are inside… he’s been like this for about 2 weeks or so already… so has the others who I didn’t want to disturb their sleeping…. He’s also shaking his head a lot soi don’t know if there’s something more or if it’s just because of the fluid and stuff… I’ll keep putting the iodine on to help with the spots and ill Keep there fluids up… might mix in some probiotics and see if that helps… thanks

I have 2 very young girls and 2 Roos that have fowl pox and are showing respitory issues I’ve tried oxymav b triple c vetrx olive oil In the water ACV in the water iodine on the spots basically everything even putting garlic powder in the food and they are just not improving… besides a vet is there any other home remedy that I could try to help my darlings…. If you need photos please ask…

I’ve already lost 3 to the wet form and possibly 2 chicks… these ones are separated and are inside… he’s been like this for about 2 weeks or so already… so has the others who I didn’t want to disturb their sleeping…. He’s also shaking his head a lot soi
Do they have any lesions inside their beaks?

Is there a bad odor?
I can’t smell but its possible my partner said that when I was taking the scabs off myGLW comb that it stank really bad (I read somewhere that you can remove the scabs to aid in healing as this removes the bacteria, I use iodine on him after I’ve removed the scabs to stop any infection and to kill the bacteria they have been left behind)

edit: and my youngest daughter said the the go,den Sebright boy was really stinky too…

I can’t smell but its possible my partner said that when I was taking the scabs off myGLW comb that it stank really bad
Don't take off the scabs, that will cause it to spread. Just dot the lesions on the comb with Iodine taking care not to disturb them.

You can also sanitize the drinking water with Iodine. 1tsp of 1% Iodine to a gallon of water or 1/2 tsp of 2% Iodine per gallon of water.
Clean the water stations daily.

Hopefully this will help. Wet Form of Fowl Pox can be much more dangerous. Unfortunately with a virus, it usually has to run it's course.

Back
Top Bottom