Fowl pox? Messed up feet!

Looking at the feet it is hard to tell how messed up the toes are, but the brown crusty stuff on the bottoms is dried poo. It practically turns into cement. Try soaking in warm soapy water and gently scrubbing bottoms with an old toothbrush. Then maybe we can get a better look at the position of the toes.

I have been soaking her the last 2 nights as I wasn't sure what was poop & what was feet. I'll post better pictures soon. Her back toes don't go back. I'm afraid she will never walk/perch correctly. Really want to give her a chance
1f622.png

I have been soaking her the last 2 nights as I wasn't sure what was poop & what was feet. I'll post better pictures soon. Her back toes don't go back. I'm afraid she will never walk/perch correctly. Really want to give her a chance
1f622.png
Do like @DylansMom suggested and get those feet free of poop and whatever else is on them, then post new pictures. Once properly cleaned you cold try slathering them with neosporin and covering them with a wrap.

-Kathy

Casportpony I have had them 2 1/2 weeks. I've been soaking feet for the last 3 days. Looking cleaner but not great. Only noticed 1 bad toe when I first got them. But really didn't check as nothing was mentioned from previous owner. I was told they were thriving & healthy. I'm finding out not so much.

Jeez, that's messed up! That one toe that is been back will never be right, I think it is too old to fix the way we fix chicks toes when they are only hours old. Did you see the living conditions they came from? I have never seen anything quite so bad. The first pic looks like bumble foot, the rest of the black crusty stuff I don't know about. Perhaps a bad case of scale mites?

Jeez, that's messed up! That one toe that is been back will never be right, I think it is too old to fix the way we fix chicks toes when they are only hours old. Did you see the living conditions they came from? I have never seen anything quite so bad. The first pic looks like bumble foot, the rest of the black crusty stuff I don't know about. Perhaps a bad case of scale mites?
I was just gonna say scaly leg mite...

-Kathy

I'll try mineral oil tomorrow after her soak. Thank you. Her legs look ok. Her toes are so deformed. Not much can be done at this stage I think.

I would take them back and demand my money or healthy birds. The problem is after two and a half weeks he might say that they were fine when he sold them. Did you ever see the pen and coop they were in? I am curious about the living conditions.

Back
Top Bottom