Fowl pox?

joyful75

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2023
Have multiple chickens. And some new ones that have not been acclimated to the bigger ones yet. I have one chicken that has lost weight, black spots on comb and pale. Another one with black spots on comb. Acting fine. The rest of the group is ok so far. Will post pics below. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_8580.jpeg
    IMG_8580.jpeg
    577.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8581.jpeg
    IMG_8581.jpeg
    780.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8582.jpeg
    IMG_8582.jpeg
    585.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8577.jpeg
    IMG_8577.jpeg
    931.6 KB · Views: 4
Check inside their mouths to see if it is dry fowl pox or wet fowl pox. If it's dry fowl pox they should recover just fine in a month or so. There's articles and threads on this site that may prove helpful - you can look them up. Dry fowl pox comes from mosquitoes, and once they get over it, they don't get it again.

Thank you. I think it’s dry pox. The mosquitos have been horrible on my property over the last month or so

Thank you. I think it’s dry pox. The mosquitos have been horrible on my property over the last month or so
As long as their airways and eyes and nose remain clear/unbothered, they should get through it fine. You can always add vitamins and probiotics to the water if you want to give them a boost, and a high protein quality commercial feed is always helpful to help them recover.

My older girls all had it last year, and no issues since.

Back
Top Bottom