Fowl Pox?

Thx so much I don't think she has wet pox so I'll probably keep them together and I heard that garlic was good so I will add a bit to their food.

I think my other chicken has it to now although it's not nearly as bad I put some garlic in their food and water

I know this is a bit of an older thread, but I was hoping someone could be able to tell me whether or not I should go ahead and quarantine for fowl pox?

The spot in question is near her beak, on her comb.
When I checked her again last night...it looked like she MAY have a few more small dark marks...but I couldn't tell if they were dirt, peck wounds, or more pock marks..

Thanks in advance!!

I know this is a bit of an older thread, but I was hoping someone could be able to tell me whether or not I should go ahead and quarantine for fowl pox?

The spot in question is near her beak, on her comb.
When I checked her again last night...it looked like she MAY have a few more small dark marks...but I couldn't tell if they were dirt, peck wounds, or more pock marks..

Thanks in advance!!

It doesn't look like any of mine that had pox. Not saying it isn't, just that mine didn't look like that.

-Kathy

If it is pox, it's the mildest I have seen, but my only experience with pox was last year and I had about 50 with it.

-Kathy
Oh wow! I'm sorry!
She's the only one with it, out of my 6, and it's still just that one spot.
I noticed it last week so I'm sure it would be more prevalent by now.
And her behavior hasn't changed. I checked her vent on my lunch just now and it's clear so, I guess it's just a spot! :)

Back
Top Bottom