Fox attack Broken Ribs; possible internal bruising

JJgarner

Hatching
May 4, 2022
We unfortunately had a fox attack that got one of our lavender Easter Eggers. She's a fluffy trooper, so it took a lot of work for the fox to get through her feathers (her only saving grace). She doesn't have any wounds, (a few scrapes, applied antibiotic ointment) but I think the right side of her ribs may be broken based on how she is breathing, plus that side looks to have some bruising. She is very alert and I put her in a comfortable resting position. Pooping normal, no blood.

We do not have a vet in our area, so I am not able to get any meds that she might need, so any ideas to help her recover are appreciated.

@casportpony @Eggcessive I tagged some people who may be able to help. I would keep her warm and hydrated for now. does she eat at all?
Thank you! The attack happened yesterday around 5 pm so it hasn't quite been 24 hours yet. I just went to check on her and she did eat one tiny piece of strawberry and she no longer has labored breathing (for now, it might come and go) Also she laid an egg! Still in laying in the same position, but I don't want to move her too much if she's in pain. I ordered some syringes and some Nutridrench that will be delivered tomorrow. I will offer some softened crumble later and see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom