Fox attack

Dondall10

Hatching
Aug 30, 2021
I've re scued,ex bat ts,for last 12 years but recent!y had fox attack took 3 injured one have nursed her back to health she had maggots sore bum in shock kept her indoors but now she doesn't want to go outside ,I have 12 other which will attack her as she is now a stranger again any ideas how to get her back with the fkock,, I put her on my patio she kept pecking the back door to come I

Poor thing. You would need to re-integrate her. You can try placing her in a crate or fenced in area inside of the run where the others can see her, but can't get to her or peck at her.
This is a good article regarding introducing a single hen: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/introducing-a-single-hen-to-an-existing-flock.71997/
Thank you i did think of this as I have a partition I can. Use but I'm scared she might die as she is so nervous she's been in doors now for 3 weeks

She's been through some serious trauma. One of my hens, who escaped an attack that killed all her coop mates, was extremely nervous for some time. In a world where everything wants to prey on chickens, a certain level of awareness and nervousness is essential for survival.

She's already had a rough life. Keep giving her attention, time and a place of sanctuary. And, honestly, why wouldn't she want to return to a house where she feels safe and there's no competition for food and/or care? Good luck. I'm pulling for you and your girl.

Back
Top Bottom