1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fox bait ?????????

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Inkheart, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    What is the best fox bait to use????? i have tried every thing under the season and this wiley fox still eludes me. I have caught every opossum and coon in the county but no FOX!

2. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Try using a leg hold trap in front of some eggs, make sure the trap is bedded very well. There is a lot of YouTube videos on this. You need to have a backstop so it has to walk over the trap to get the bait.

3. str8m8

str8m8 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2013
    Moorina Australia
    I use a long cage trap bury the floor and make it appear to be the coop entrance.i put chook poo and crap of the nest boxes on the floor .do it right and you will get him.you only get one chance per method with a fox.i have bull arab x pitbull dogs that follow their scent back to the den then spend up too two days digging them out.works great no foxes for years

4. str8m8

Sep 2, 2013
    Moorina Australia
    Also no bait works on a fox unless its alive.ive spent years catching them in Australia im guessing they are the same in the U.S

5. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Thank u for your advice. Have tried live bait. No go sadly

6. str8m8

Sep 2, 2013
    Moorina Australia
    I have snared them plenty of times.big loops along tracks and entrance holes.persist and and you will win

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by