Fox during day

0iseau

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
I am in need of your tried and true methods of fox repellent.
This fox has appeared consistently the past week. ALWAYS during the day! Not early morning or dusk. Bright and sunny out.
My ducks no longer get to free range after the fox made its first move and took my favorite duck. I'm still pissed about it - Goose was my baby and now it's coming back for more. Goose was taken around 11am.

At 4pm I just had to scare it away. I was trying to get my ducks out for some foraging time but they kept alerting and being jumpy. Just as I put them back in the yard I see it. I ran at it, yelling and waving my arms around. I got within 10 feet of it before it decided to move!! And even then it only went a bit into the brush and looked back to see if I was still going to chase it.

I'd prefer to not kill the fox - it is just trying to eat, and who wouldn't go to a free all you can eat buffet?

Much depends on what type of area you live in. In the suburbs foxes very easily get habituated to humans. Sometimes they even come to associate humans with food because people often feed them either directly or indirectly.
Used to be where I'm at foxes would hightail it as soon as they saw us. Now that our farm has been surrounded by subdivisions, the foxes have become very accustomed to the presence of people and couldn't care less.

Back
Top Bottom