FOX Problem HELP!

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
I've got a fox...he came 2 nights ago and we chased him off after he scared the dickens and chased one of our hens.
Now he's digging around the RUN door where the chicken wire is NOT buried under the ground.
Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of him?
barnie.gif
he.gif

I have heard that stringing a hotwire and baiting it with a piece of hot dog works pretty well. Personally, I would hate to kill a fox, but I wouldn't have a problem trapping it in a humane trap and relocating it to a suitable area. Sorry, you are dealing with this, good luck. I just lost 2 hens to coyotes about 10 days ago. Hope you get it resolved.

Last edited:
What is a hotwire?? Is this an electric fence?

I just read moth balls will deter them...but I think my chickens will try to eat them!!

I'm going to put a radio in the coop also at night to keep them away...

I want this FOX GONE...
somad.gif

Quote:
I hate to say it but they'r ecompletely right,i hate killing animals hawks wild cats, but i can't risk losing my animals to them so once they're on my property it's on!

Contact these guys. http://www.nhtassoc.org/
They
can reccomend someone in your area to come and catch him. Most all states have a Trapping asscociation. I belong to the one here in VA and we are always getting calls from locals who need us to come and catch something. We usually have the time and equipment to come the same doy or the next. That fox will not leave. You can't run him off and he will get wise to the hot wire. Gotta trap him or shoot him.

Not to start something, but where are you relocating it?

You're just giving the problem to the next guy.

There are plenty of foxes around and in most states if they are a nuisance they can be disposed of without repercussions.

Quote:
HEY THANKS...I got a call into the NH area trappers association director. I do not own a gun...not sure I want to with small children...but will think about it!!
big_smile.png

Looks like the trappers will use the fur!! I could trap him then call my neighbor who has a gun to do him in!! I'll keep you all updated. I'll have to look at snares, cages, etc I'll keep you all updated.

Thank you all for your tips.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom