FREAKING AWESOME!!

I'm on day one with my latest hatch. They are Silver Birchen Orpingtons and Isabel Wheaten Orpingtons. I'm so excited! What are you hatching?
Their all barnyard mix of my own flock lol the roo is an americana and the hens vary from sapphire gem, orpingtons, wellsummer,EE, OE, Ancona, Cochin , Wyandotte a little bit of everything haha! Candled my eggs today and ALL are fertile couldn't see inside the really dark blue ones but all the rest are looking great! So excited !

I hatched 10 black copper marans 8 weeks ago. I am going to google Midnight majesty marans! They sound wonderful!
I JUST bought a copper maran chick! (gotta love those marans :love) We got midnight marans for the dark, almost black eggs, but ours lays mostly light brown speckled. Not ideal to hatch, the shells are thick and hard to candle!

Today is day 3 of incubator I candled my white eggs And OHHHMYYYYGERRRD I see the spider veins !!!!!!! Sorry just had to get that out 😂 I'm REALLY excited. That is all. Carry on...
Just wait until you can start seeing little toes in there! Ive got 2 incubators set up right now. One has a turner and constantly has eggs going and the other one is for when they hatch. One is on lockdown right now!! I've got 2 fertile duck eggs and about 14 more polish frizzles coming! I put eggs in about every 4 days 😅

@Madi131, where did you get your Polish eggs? I've been looking for them! And @Bean15, the marans are beautiful! I just had to rescue about 7 chicks since my incubator messed up. I have a new one, but I'm not thrilled with it.
They're my own eggs, I couldn't find any neither. Luckily I was on Facebook a few days ago and a girl was getting rid of her whole polish flock so I got an extra rooster and hen, then four more pullets.
Before I had silver laced, white speckled, and black polish. I just got a golden laced hen, just started laying... She was getting a drink the first day we got her and an egg flew out.... And then 2 Golden laced pullets and 2 buff laced pullets. My original rooster is polish frizzle. I'm keeping the new rooster seperate from the girls.

I bred them for awhile. I had beautiful black crested whites, some frizzled. Sold them all though. The girl who bought them to breed 2 years ago just lost the roo, and called looking for some. Even the feed stores around here aren't carrying them!

@Madi131, where did you get your Polish eggs? I've been looking for them! And @Bean15, the marans are beautiful! I just had to rescue about 7 chicks since my incubator messed up. I have a new one, but I'm not thrilled with it.
Oh, that's never good. Best of luck!
Dorothy says hello. :)
IMG-3768.jpg

Back
Top Bottom