freaking out!!!

Avla

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Alabama
Warning, this may be gross.

Okay, Lyla's stools have been soft yet solid since I've had her...she was only pooing 2-3 times a day now she has been pooing 5+ in one day, yesterday it started I didn't think much of it it was just slightly green - but today it has been worse, I thought maybe it was the collard greens that my cousin spilled in her crate, something she ate, or parasites - but I just looked at a stool and there was blood in it (didn't see any parasites), her stools have been very runny and a dark green/brown color today, the only thing that is keeping me from thinking parvo is she is not lethargic or irritated at all, she's been alert and playing as she has been the past two weeks.
I read that sometimes it happens when puppies are under stress after leaving their moms, but I just remembered when I took her on a walk a few days ago there was some nasty water in a small hole that she started drinking I thought she was just playing with the grass like normal until I pulled her away and saw what she was doing, this is the first time I noticed blood in her stool.
She has a vet appointment on Saturday for her 9 week shots...should I talk to the vet Saturday or is this a cause for concern and she needs to go ASAP?

My cousin just told me that when her dog had hookworms he had blood in his poop and they thought it was parvo, but there are no vets open in my area this late, so I will see how she is tomorrow and if she starts getting any worse then she will be sent to the vet ASAP - her gums are pink, she's not dehydrated, no throwing up, and her attitude is still the same!

I am going to check her stools in the morning.

Most parasites can cause bloody stools if the infestation is bad enough. I would take a fresh stool sample with you to the appointment on Saturday.

Her stool was normal this morning, and she didn't go in her crate last night.
big_smile.png

BIG sigh of relief, I will still keep a close watch on her - I think it might have been something she got into and I will bring it up to the vet tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom