Free chick from McMurray

Anyone have any clue what breed my free chick is? It is almost 6 weeks I think.

So not so patiently waiting on my chicks and just wondering how many have had the post office call on a Sunday to come in and pick up chicks? Unfortunately it's unseasonably cold here in upstate NY and I know they left St Paul yesterday am. I'm trying to stay busy......BUT I WANT MY CHICKS!!!
I picked up ours on a Sunday morning. The distribution center called to ask if I wanted to get them on Sunday or have them delivered to the local PO on Monday.

Thanks keesmom that's what I was kind of leaning towards but always nice to get opinions. I was leaning towards pullet too seeing that the comb is still pretty small and not very red yet. If anyone else has any guesses please share. Sorry such a bad pic!!

My chicks finally arrived this am! Unfortunately 2 DOA, 2 shortly after arrival and 4 more looking extremely lethargic. If they die that'll leave me with only 8. I have save a chic in the water and keep dipping they're little beaks in but I don't know what else to do.

Get some NUTRIDRENCH at the feed store or Tractor Supply! You can give them each a direct drop in their crop and then add it to their water, as directed. It works wonders and perks them up. I'm SO sorry you lost some! But there's hope to save the rest! Did you call McMurray?

So sorry @cochinfan05 that you are losing chicks!! I don't have experience with nutridrench but I checked it out before and it sounds great. My local feed stores don't carry it so I would have to order online. I use sugar water and the vitamin mix from Mcmurray when they get here. If they had a rough trip you might loose even more. Sometimes they just can't shake the stress of the trip. Best of luck with your little ones and be sure to call mcmurray with the total of your losses!

I plan on calling them tomorrow after I have a final count on fatalities. Unfortunately it's to late to go to Tractor Supply anyway. The weather was terrible this weekend so I don't know if that attributed to so many losses. On a happy note my standard Cochins in the bator are popping out like popcorn as we speak!

Back
Top Bottom