Free Chicken House..... But how the Feather will i move it?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by DENALI, Apr 13, 2008.

1. DENALI

DENALI Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Man this is going to be hard to pass up! Maybe i can figure a way to move it. Local classifieds website here had this put on this evening. Would sure save me building one..... but boy was i planning a sweetheart of a coop if i scratch build it.... What do you think???? Here is the description and a picture. Going to call first thing tomorrow!

Approximately 14' x 28' wooden painted red chicken house with good shingled roof. Also includes roost and laying boxes. It is in solid good condition. You come get it and it's yours. FREE!!!

[​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Wow...awesome. Know anyone with a large trailer? Moving it in one piece is gonna be tough unless you hire someone to move it for you. Hard to turn down indeed. Good luck.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That's the kind of deal where you can justify paying a professional moving company to come out, lift it, and move it!

4. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Could you take it apart and reassemble? For a building like that it would be worth the effort!

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Wow! That would be awesome!

6. Animallover606

Animallover606 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    What a Awsome coop i'd take that right away

7. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I think your options are

1) dismantling it and moving it in pieces or

2) hiring a crane and flatbed semi trailer to move it.

It would be fantastic if you could work out getting this - what a find!

You probably need to call around your area and get some ideas on prices for the above or to get another idea that I didn't think of.

Good luck.

8. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    That is AMAZING!! What a find!! Good luck moving it, let us know how you do it!

9. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    [​IMG] are you kidding me....... Where there's a will there's a way!! That is something you would be crazy to pass up!!! Hope it all works out!

10. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I think what it would be to move it would be a heck of a lot less than to build the thing. Imagine how many more chickens you can get. Go for it!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by