Free chickens, need help identifying them

Quote:
Yes, RSL roos are white with some bleedthrough (from the white hen mom), not nearly solid red like that, and it sure looks rooish to me. So I'd say Production Reds, which are good layers and fairly mellow birds. I say GLW on the third ...

Quote:
Done and done....We are getting two eight week old Buff Orpington pullets, along with the three free ones pictures above, tomorrow. Can't wait
smile.png
big_smile.png
tongue.png

So we'll have the four pullets for fresh eggs, and the little rooster, to do what ever he does.

thank you, for the help everyone.

Oh good! Our kids learned a lot about love and patience and friendship from our rooster. I hear some roosters have reps about meanness, but I have never met one of those. We had one who learned how to "put his dragon on" for the evil foot of our 8year old son, and they could chase each other around for a while, but same roo also learned cute trick behaviors! See some YouTube videos of "training dog trainers with chickens" with Bob Bailey. Mostly our Roos have been all about love and lovin'. I hope you have a great life with your new bird-friends!

I am so glad you decided to keep your roo. They are beautiful, funny, lovely, great protector, and who doesnt love hearing the crowing of a big rooster in the "morning". LOL! Be warned they crow all day long! Haha!
gig.gif

Got them all home. They seem to like their new place.
94470_100_1294.jpg

94470_100_1300.jpg

94470_103_1330.jpg

Here's the other two new ones, that we got. Hopefully these will lay eggs better than the roosters will.

Would everyone agree that these two are Buff Orpingtons?

Last edited:
Quote:
That's the biggest, fattest Seabright I've ever seen. (Sorry I couldn't resist.) It's definitely a Wyandotte and maybe a rooster. Does anyone else think so?

Quote:
That's the biggest, fattest Seabright I've ever seen. (Sorry I couldn't resist.) It's definitely a Wyandotte and maybe a rooster. Does anyone else think so?

Yes to GLW, no to Roo.

Back
Top Bottom