Free design plans to my new 8x4 coop with 16x8 sealed run

Diydaly

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2020
Hi everyone , I’ve just built myself a new coop whilst In lockdown and decided to create a blog at the same time! The link below contains a full set of plans on how I built it and all the materials / tools required.. I’ve also put a YouTube video walk around together.. I’m new to the YouTube scene if anyone can subscribe to my channel it’s much appreciated! It’s free and will really helps grow my channel 😁 thanks gav

https://www.diydaly.com/blog/how-to-build-a-chicken-coop

Attachments

• 499172D5-7B06-41F0-A98C-E466B502C758.jpeg
    499172D5-7B06-41F0-A98C-E466B502C758.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 95
Great coop and outside run area diydaly! You build a very nice and solid chicken house. 👍

Only minus is you didn’t optimise the coop in dealing with chicken 💩 and you might need a bit more ventilation in summer.
Thanks for the comments BDutch! I plan to fit a slide out tray under the perches but haven’t got round it yet 👍

Hello. Great idea to share your build this way.

I don't know where you're located, but in any warm climate I'd be concerned about the ventilation.

In my climate, the steamy southeast, I'd replace the top 6-8 inches of the siding on the tallest wall with hardware cloth and add big triangle vents to the sides as well.

Both heat and ammonia rise and need to be vented at the highest point of the coop. :)

Hello. Great idea to share your build this way.

I don't know where you're located, but in any warm climate I'd be concerned about the ventilation.

In my climate, the steamy southeast, I'd replace the top 6-8 inches of the siding on the tallest wall with hardware cloth and add big triangle vents to the sides as well.

Both heat and ammonia rise and need to be vented at the highest point of the coop. :)
Thanks for you comments , I’m over in the UK so climates abit Cooler here , but have actually added another vent since! 😁

Back
Top Bottom