Hello, I am new to this site and wanted to share My coop. I am an engineer by day and think I did an ok job on my coop. I Designed and built this coop after a lot of planning and research. Tell me what you think! Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for future awesome engineering ideas.

Thanks,
Brett

YouTube Video
Welcome to byc! Can you show pictures? Would love to see it! :)

That looks great! It looks like the type of pen I bought only bigger and mine has a round top. Food for thought. If yours has the 1" snap in pipe supports, I found a way to reinforce it if you ever need to. I took 1 3/8" chain link fence rails and the "T" supports and added them to my sides and top. I took rubber hosing and cut 2" pieces, slit the sides so it would fit over the 1" pipe. Just cut the rails to fit and it really helped a lot. I used the rails and clamps below. Also showing my smaller pen originally and then after I added the rails.
Screenshot_20240515_075654_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240515_075936_Chrome.jpg

1000007122.jpg

20240503_181335.jpg

That looks great! It looks like the type of pen I bought only bigger and mine has a round top. Food for thought. If yours has the 1" snap in pipe supports, I found a way to reinforce it if you ever need to. I took 1 3/8" chain link fence rails and the "T" supports and added them to my sides and top. I took rubber hosing and cut 2" pieces, slit the sides so it would fit over the 1" pipe. Just cut the rails to fit and it really helped a lot. I used the rails and clamps below. Also showing my smaller pen originally and then after I added the rails.View attachment 3832659
View attachment 3832660

View attachment 3832661

View attachment 3832663
That is great, thanks for the info! I may need some vertical supports for the rig line at some point. This will not handle a heavy snow at all. Maybe like a concreate brick on the ground and a flange that has a pipe that can fit inside the fence post. Place this in the center of the coop to support the upper "T" connections.

1715780497318.png

Another good idea might be to use those clamps you shared to attach some roosting bars/toys for the future to kill boredom for the chickens. Thanks for the great ideas!

That is great, thanks for the info! I may need some vertical supports for the rig line at some point. This will not handle a heavy snow at all. Maybe like a concreate brick on the ground and a flange that has a pipe that can fit inside the fence post. Place this in the center of the coop to support the upper "T" connections.

View attachment 3832687

Another good idea might be to use those clamps you shared to attach some roosting bars/toys for the future to kill boredom for the chickens. Thanks for the great ideas!
Yea, my pen is smaller and we really don't get snow here. Extra roosting bars are good. I have an outside one in my chicken pen. Don't need one in the pen I showed, I use this one for my ducks. Lol

Yea, my pen is smaller and we really don't get snow here. Extra roosting bars are good. I have an outside one in my chicken pen. Don't need one in the pen I showed, I use this one for my ducks. Lol
I raised ducks when I was a kid and they are so fun! Wish we could have ducks but the city outlawed them in like 2010. I guess they are too loud. My dog can bark all day though still. LOL!

Very nice. You will want to close off the nest boxes with cardboard until they are ready to lay. You don't want them to get in the habit of sleeping in those. Also do you have a latch on the nest box?

Back
Top Bottom