Opinion on this coop design

I plan on building my own coop since my current one is just crap. I found this one on esey but i would like some opinions on it. I wont be building the run attachment to it since i already have one and the coop will technically be inside of their run.

If there are suggestions about adding something more too it or removing please feel to give suggestions!
View attachment 3767366

View attachment 3767367
Only thing i wont be adding is the feeder things and the waterer! I already have those in my coop.
View attachment 3767368
View attachment 3767369
Not adding the chandelier unfortunately 🤣.

If you have any coop ideas that have worked for you please feel free to share them! I havent bought anything yet and im still looking. But what this coop is like is something im looking for in a coop, it also needs to hold atleast 6+ chickens and weather proof for the winter.

I did add the link to the etsy site but idk if it worked. But the person who built it or designed it is called BeeJewledCoopDesign
[LINK TO COOP|https://www.etsy.com/listing/145614...x9xNTfZG_ZI8YW3GqqZK8Yn562Of7vOhoCTA8QAvD_BwE]
You're paying the a lot of nest box space that wont get used if you keep six hens in there. Two nest boxes for six hens is adequate.

You're paying the a lot of nest box space that wont get used if you keep six hens in there. Two nest boxes for six hens is adequate.
I thought i needed 7 boxes for 6 hens. But im ok with that many nest boxes since i plan for more chickens in the future

Think of how rain and snow fall from the roof. You want to be certain you won’t have heavy snow or pouring rain dropping onto the nest box, even with its shingles.
Consider a bigger roof overhang or nest box down sizing and or relocation.

Back
Top Bottom