Free Duck So. VA

meriruka

Songster
12 Years
Oct 18, 2007
This guy/girl showed up a few weeks ago. I don't have any other ducks (just chickens) and I don't know what breed or gender it is. I'm going to call him "he" for now.
He's trying to make friends, but the chickens are afraid of him.
Here's a pic:
4477_p1010200k.jpg

I live midway between Lynchburg & Danville.
I hope someone can give him a good home with other ducks. Thanks!

wish I was close enough to take it; I'd love to have a few ducks again! Hope you find it a good forever home!
smile.png

ETA: I couldn't see any curled "drake" feathers... it may be either very young or a hen

Last edited:
Oh, that duck is beautiful!

I don't have any ducks, but was planning on getting a few in the spring.

If you must get rid of him, and noone else offers a better home, I would be interested in taking him in. We have a lot of room, and I could put a duck pen together pretty fast, already have a little doghouse-type coop, low to the ground. Seems that it would be a good home for a duck...

I'm in Buckingham County. Near Dillwyn. According to Mapquest, I'm 1 hour away from Lynchburg, and 2 hours away from Danville. Or was it the other way around? Anyway, I guess I'm about 1 1/2 hours away from you.

So, if you can't find him a better place, maybe we could meet up in between? Any chance you're going to the Farmville Swap on the 18th? If so, maybe I could even bring home a friend for him...

I'm going to try to get to the swap. I have some rescued chickens that I have to find homes for as well. If nobody takes the duck before then, I'll bring him.......

Thanks! I looked in my "Storey's book of poultry breeds " and the one he looked most like was called a "Magpie". Blue Suede sounds much better.

I did end up finding a few other ducks (so now I have 4)...but he/she can come live with me out near Danville.- except I won't be able to go to South Boston until the weekend of the 25th probably, because next weekend I have wedding/then NASCAR. I can ask my hubby about coming out tomorrow.

Our ducks are very much MY pets and other than they need their own shelter now (there are too many to live with the chickens) they have free range access to my yard.

It is your call..you can take him to the swap and use me as a backup plan too...
smile.png
just don't want him/her to be dinner!!!

Lisabug, I was hoping to hear from you! I didn't see your PM about picking up the duck until I got back from my trip. He's yours if you want him.

We do but again wouldn't be able to get to you until the weekend of the 25th. We have outta towners coming in for a wedding and NASCAR race this weekend.

It is really your call. You can try and find him a good home at the meet as well. Someone else like me might be looking for a duck. Just don't sell him for FOOD!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom