FREE Easter Egger Rooster, Maryland

Crunchie

Brook Valley Farm
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Maryland
OK, I've got one more rooster I need to find a home for! I hatched these guys out of eggs sold to me as pure Ameraucanas, but a few have grown up to be non-standard colors. This is one of them. He hatched all blue, but as you can see in the pic below he has many off-colored feathers growing in (which is why I'm really considering him an Easter Egger, though he seems to meet the standard otherwise). Nice looking guy, but I wouldn't breed him if you want pure Ameraucanas. He did come from a nicely colored blue-green egg, so if you wanted to pair him up with some EE hens he would add good egg color to your flock. Or, if you don't want to breed him, he would probably make a good flock protector if you just want a rooster around for the sake of being a rooster. He's only 3 months old, but has already taken the top position in his little flock and I think he'd do a good job all grown up as a real rooster!

He's free if you want him, I just don't have room for more roosters. I'd rather not ship. Depending on where you are I might be able to drive to meet someone for pickup.

DSCF0022.jpg

Ahh I wish I could help but I am not allowed to get roosters here sorry good luck finding him a home. I might still be intrested in two marans pullets in spring and amerucana's if you have them. I need to add a little blue to my flock.
henry

Last edited:
Crunchie,

I sure would love to have him! I have been wanting an EE rooster for my EE girls. I don't think my husband will let me drive that far for a chicken! But just in case...where in Maryland are you?
big_smile.png

Thanks,
Angela

Wow, I was surprised to log on here today and see my old thread resurfaced! I do still have this roo--though he's done a bit of growing up since this picture was taken. He's turning out to be a real nice looking guy.

I'm in southern MD, but I'd be willing to meet somewhere to re-home him. I think he'd be a good addition to an EE flock--he's actually from pure Ameraucana stock, he just turned out to be a non-standard color (which is why I'm calling him an EE). He's blue underneath that silver, and came from some nicely colored blue-green eggs so I think he'd add some nice Ameraucana blood back to some EE hens.

Henry, with any luck I'll have some Marans here later in the spring. As soon as the girls get rolling I'm going to fire up the incubator! I think I'm going to hatch some Ameraucanas, too--I have a couple of blue hens with some nice lacing and a pretty splash roo (they are actually in the background of the above pic, but you can't see them too well). But these guys are only about 4 months old so it might be a while before I can hatch from them. They won't be show quality or anything but they are pretty birds.

Last edited:
YA you just have the two breeds I want to add to my flock did you see the post about the March 16th show here ? I think I am going to try and go to the show. and MDbucks should be there he is a nice guy even though he is banned.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom