Free help......anyone need some??

farrier!

Songster
10 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Southern Illinois
My daughter and I are located in 62972
Anyone butchering that wants help we want to learn.
Willing to drive a bit. Homeschooling too...
smile.png

I wish you were closer! We are getting extremely busy and could use the extra help.

Good Luck I'm sure you will find someone.

What an awesome idea!! I should have thought of that when I was learning to butcher!! Wish you were closer, we'd invite you over! We've only got a couple ready to butcher now-- just waiting for my 24 year old daughter to come over next week- she wants to learn!

farrier! :

My daughter and I are located in 62972
Anyone butchering that wants help we want to learn.
Willing to drive a bit. Homeschooling too...
smile.png

Well I'm not processing anytime soon and I live all the way in ohio... But we homeschool too and I just taught my daughter to process quail... She really wanted to learn... She is 6... How old is your daughter?

Here is our post Lexi even too the pictures!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=147712

It really is a rewarding experiance! It's tough the first time or two and would be easier with someone to show you but if you follow tutorials online it really isn't hard... First time may take you a while though... a 10 min took me over an hour... LOL

Mine will be 13 on the 4th.
She claims she will be able to kill the birds. I know I can't.......I don't have a problem with the idea or cleaning them after (or at least not much LOL)
Up to now everything was taken in and came back in nice little packages.

I have seen cattle and pigs processed, just never birds. I would love to get meat birds but want to be sure we can eat them!

Back
Top Bottom