Free kittycat, not counting vet bill!!!

Actually my vet gave me a little tip bout getting Belle to ingest the paste and that was to rub it onto the top of her paw. It hasnt failed yet, she immediately licks it off everytime. I guess it feels funny. Crazy little gal!

I figure if you can do it yourself, no harm
wink.png
Heck, I'd probably take my own stitches out instead of going to the doctor's. Heck would let my boss, a vet, stitch me up before I would half the doctors in this town too!

Glad they are imformative and give treatment options!

---
Oh yeah - elliemb
Hope the little thing gets well. From the meds sent home, they think it's a kitty herpes virus (not transmittable to humans) - the kitty may get occasional flare ups throughout life, but most of the time, a round or 2 of antibiotics should get ya through it. A coworker adopted a kitty that has it - we thought for sure his eyes would stay milky since they were so bad - but they cleared up.

Did either vet do a FeLV/FIV (both are basically Kitty HIV/AIDS - and not transmittable to humans) test? If they didn't, maybe on a follow-up visit, have them test, especially if there are other kitties in the house or might be in the future.

Those prices aren't too bad ... averages about that around here depending.

Glad the little girl found a loving home. Too bad a chocolate point Himalayan didn't walk into my life- hubby would actually not grump about that one!

I love my pets and my vet. The vet I have is a moible one and comes to me.
yippiechickie.gif
I had to have her come out after my dogs got in a fight with each other, the one could not walk on is front leg and it looked broke. I thought there goes Christmas. But it was only 45.00 bucks. His leg was not broke but the other dog tore up alot of muscle in it. I will have this vet forever.
love.gif

Liz, I want to know who your vet is! Mine is $60 in the door, but he does do a lot of freebies and always takes the time to explain everything in detail, and then explain again as he writes it down for you. He is a great vet so we keep going even though his is a little more expensive.

Ellie, Thanks for rescuing the kitty!!!!!!!!
smile.png
It's just the best feeling in the world to give a hungry or scared or lonely or hurt being refuge and love -
In answer to your question, it seems everytime I bring a furry or a feathered to the vet the bill is at least several hundred dollars but there have also been $2,000+ days. Rarely is there just an office visit fee without blood work, meds, or other things that add to the base cost (which is probably $60 or so). Hence, I have 3 jobs! The one good thing about my vet for furries is their availability 24/7 since emergencies never ever seem to happen during normal business hours. I do expect and don;t mind paying more for this service. The avian vet not only keeps limited hours but is also not really a chicken person so I have difficulty there. I am really troubled by the costs in my area because I know a lot of people won't (I won't go so far as to say "can't" because most anything is possible if one works enough) invest this in their pets and so a lot of pets are going without the med care they need. Prices are too high and are now in the realm of unfair to the furries and feathered, who deserve to have the care they need. Even if willing, their humans shouldn't have to work 14 jobs to keep them well! A friend relayed a horrific story she witnessed while at a vet's office - a man found a dog that had been hit by a car and brought it to this vet who turned him and the dog away because the man did not have the money at that moment to pay the vet. The dog desperately needed emergency care and was going to die without help. Imagine this poor man having to walk back out the door with this suffering dog - grrrr!!!!! I was once on a path to become a vet and I would never have turned an animal in need away - NEVER. Some of these places have become so bloody corporate. I know they have bills to pay too but.......... I have noticed the changes in my 24/7 place - it has become incredibly corporate altho one of the owners still seems very caring. She'll spend time on the phone with you to do her best to help figure out problems - it's her husband who is money-centric. They once gave a flea bath to one of my cats without my approval (the cat DID NOT HAVE FLEAS) in order to add to the bill - it was that husband who was instructing his vets to pad the bills. This is the best equipped hospital around........Sigh. JJ

Last edited:
My vet charges $40 for the office visit with the occasional freebie, but I wouldn't dream of taking my "kids" anywhere else. My vet has earned my complete confidence when he spayed my 4 lb Min Pin and saved her life when her heart stopped while under anesthesia(which is exactly what I feared would happen and is why I waited almost four years to spay her!).

I just recently took my 10 year old Old English Sheepdog for his senior wellness and that costed me close to $400 and worth every cent for the peace of mind!!

With all the new advances in veterinary medicine, I'm sure we will be seeing an upwards trend in cost, worth it in my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom