1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FREE Lesson plans for incubation project

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BirdBrain, Dec 2, 2008.

1. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Thanks for the info - it is great!!

3. BirdBrain

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    It has been a while since I first posted this. We are on day 18 with our eggs and are going to play the egg game and do the puzzles today. With so many of us hatching for the first time this spring, I thought I would bring this up again in case any missed it. Happy hatching. [​IMG]

4. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    THANK YOU!
    I know I teach high school kids, but have really discovered they have no concept of things that occur outside of their city. I made butter with an English class. And in my humanities courses we will be hatching eggs. Each class will name one of the chicks (I will have some chicks without names, but oh well). Then my neighbor will be adopting them. Most of my students are excited and know it is coming. But I wanted to have some lesson plans in hand when I go in and discuss hatching with my principal.

5. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Thank you for this site. Now I have a way to teach my kids a bit about poultry. And maybe learn some thing myself.

Also when I do get to buy an incubator. I was going to let my daughters teacher borrow it for use in her class if she wants to. And this site may help her out to..

I was looking around on this site. And found this:
    http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/eggs/res31-disposing.html
    At the very bottom of the page it says that in Illinois it is illegal to keep a chick or duckling as a pet. I guess you have to say they are just for farm animals there. But to me all my animals are pets to me.

6. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I just found this and I wanted to say thanks for posting [​IMG]

7. BirdBrain

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Glad you like it!! We are having a slow homeschool day today and are just now getting finished with the 3 R's and history. Now it is on to the fun stuff....finishing the brooder, playing the egg game and so forth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by