Free Mille Fleur D'Uccle hatching eggs-Sacramento, CA pick up only

Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
Fair Oaks, California
i have 6 hatching eggs from my Mille Fleur D'Uccle couple that need to either go in an incubator today or become scrambled eggs. i was going to incubate them, but after my current set hatches, i think i'm done for a while.
th.gif

i am in Fair Oaks in Sacramento County. Below are some pics.

Here is the lovely couple, Rodney and Alice:

millesparents2.jpg

and their teeny son that hatched out last week:

tigger2.jpg

i mean that i have been hatching for the past month, primarily silkies from fertile hatching eggs purchased from others.

With all these other hatches, i put in three eggs from my d'uccle pair. Two of them hatched, one boy and one girl. i have four other eggs from my d'uccle couple due to hatch tomorrow. And then i have 6 d'uccle eggs from my pair that are under broodies.

i was just trying to be nice and offer for free 6 eggs recently collected from my pair to anyone who wants to incubate them, as i am exhausted and don't feel like incubating anymore.

Love your mille fleurs they are beautiful! Is your roo very aggressive? My bf Freebie might be having mille fleur chicks this spring. After waiting for what seems forever her chicks she bought last year produce a roo, but sadly to say he is pretty aggressive! He shares a coop with a docile australorp roo who is more passive than he is. Little Angus has a girlfriend we call little Rosie. He has came after me and I told him I was no longer his friend! I am looking forward to mille fleur chicks this spring and I pray they don't have their father's ornery disposition LOL!

Well, i am new to D'Uccles. i picked up this pair about a month ago, hoping they would fit with a d'Anver hen i have. But the size difference is a bit too much. This pair is under a year old and not especially friendly with me, as i didn't raise them. But the roo is not aggressive at all, just cautious of me. He has never once gone after me, but is super great at spotting trouble in the yard, so i'm thinking of keeping him.

Since i've never kept a rooster before, i thought it might be fun to incubate their eggs. The first three eggs produced a boy and a girl. i could tell immediately the chick that was the roo. He had a comb at one day old. Now at a week, he has heavy foot and ankle feathering. And he is SO inquisitive. He follows my hand every place it goes in the cage. A total cutie.

So, long answer is that i don't know the general disposition of d'Uccle roosters. But the one i have is not aggressive at all with me.

Well, i may need to scramble these eggs, as the oldest one is reaching 10 days. i only have the one hen. i may be willing to ship in the future, once i can track the days they are collected and get them out in a timely manner. It's just such a shame to waste them. Mr. Rodney is clearly fertile, and the two chicks i've hatched thus far are adorable, and very precocious!

Colleen,

Darn I'm setting some Turken eggs this weekend, could definitely fit some Mille Fleur in there, would any be viable on Friday ? I'll be down in your area that day and could pick them up?
Let me know. Did you sell all your lavender silkie's? I might be interested in one of those too hehehee

Let me know by pm or email.

Nancy
smile.png

For free I dont see why you coudnt test viablity ... I mean some people say they have had hatches of 2 week old eggs ect . If I was close I would certianly be willing to try it but Im to far away.

Back
Top Bottom