Free pullets, hens, cocks, roos, in west/central MA

froggyphore

Songster
Sep 20, 2019
Anyone in the pioneer valley area interested in some free pullets, hens, cockerels, and/or roosters? I have a variety of breeds and some mixes. I have to move so I’m looking to get rid of most of them. I don’t mind giving the roos/cockerels to someone who will use them for meat because some of them are no good but the pullets and hens are good layers and I’d prefer they go to good homes as I’m quite fond of them. Aside from the few rude cocks and roos all of them are of good temperament. I probably won’t be able to provide good quality photos of all of them because they aren’t all super friendly but please PM if you want more information. Thanks

Hey everyone! So sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy with everything going on and I would forget to check BYC everytime I had a free moment at the computer.

I’ve unfortunately lost a few to sleeping outdoors without my knowledge the last month but I'm fairly certain this is a complete list (of ones I'm willing to part with/not taking with me):

Hens:
1 Speckled Sussex
1 BL Silver Wyandotte
3 EEs (brown/gray/buff/double laced)
1 Buff Orp
3 Black Jersey Giants
4 Dominiques

Pullets:
4 EEs (Blue, Colombian with brown mottle)

Cockerels:
1 Black sex link
3 EE (Blue and Columbian)

Roos:
1 Light Brahma

I mis-phrased the original post, I have a few other roos and cockerels but I don't want to give them to someone who will use them for food because they're extremely good flock guardians and/or I'm very attached to them.

Here are some pictures, the only time I’m really able to get pics of them up close is at night or morning feeding so they're a bit chaotic, but they show a good variety. Hope these are passable quality for anyone interested. A few of the birds in these pics I'm taking with me, but if you're interested in one of the cocks/roos that isn't on the list for your flock and not food please feel free to PM. Also, please excuse any dirty feet or coop surfaces, the mud has been a nightmare lately.

Thanks everyone.

anyone interested? I also have some Silkie roos (white and black) and a Splash Ameraucana roo, among others.

Back
Top Bottom