Free range, my chicks are 3 weeks old,

Why do you say that??
It's just how it goes, usually. We live and learn. Very few people actually think of everything before it happens. You'll find something you overlooked, they will pile up on each other and some will suffocate, a predator will dig in, they might get sick, you never know. It happens to the best and most experienced. I've lost my share. Some to suffocation, to illness, to drowning, and one to only Lord knows what. I just walked outside and he was dead. Still don't know what happened. Sometimes they will even kill each other. It just happens.

It's just how it goes, usually. We live and learn. Very few people actually think of everything before it happens. You'll find something you overlooked, they will pile up on each other and some will suffocate, a predator will dig in, they might get sick, you never know. It happens to the best and most experienced. I've lost my share. Some to suffocation, to illness, to drowning, and one to only Lord knows what. I just walked outside and he was dead. Still don't know what happened. Sometimes they will even kill each other. It just happens.

Yes we lost one of our 4 week olds when my daughter chased them out of the coop and i had my predator dog (the other 2 are fine with the chicks) leashed-- the biggest flew right to me and I was standing next to the dog and the dog chomped down and killed it-- I felt really bad about that....

Yea birds drown if they do not have the correct water bowl now i always make sure to have a secure place on a porch make sure they are warm i live in Florida so that is not a problem here but i always make sure i have food a proper water bowl boiled egg [ i put the mashed yolks in the food for healthy goodness for them
smile.png
so when i have chicks i get chicks every 6/7 months or so i have 4 right now 2 Americana's 2 black stars right now and i am ALWAYS running around trying to do everything to make sure they are OK running around everywhere
wee.gif
but i do it in love for the that's why i get a small number of chicks usually 2 sometimes 4 rarely and none die 1 died to drowning and i did not have a chick water for her and i had only 1 chick so bad thing right there but None have died since from 3 years ago besides Buffy who got mauled by a coyote who i later killed for it call me mean but i loved that chicken and did everything for it to be happy 2 weeks after being outside that darn coyote got her but i have her identical twin sis they hatched out of same egg only one that hatched out of 5

Back
Top Bottom